Take a few scrummy ingredients, including deliciously divine chocolate and two cute cooks*, to create really intense chocolate hits, shrouded in a layer of icing sugar.
* adjust to suit your personal taste 🙂
170 g/6 oz plain chocolate
110 g/4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature plus extra for greasing
110 g/4 oz caster sugar
255 g/9 oz plain flour
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease baking sheet with butter.
2. Melt the plain chocolate, either in the microwave or over a bowl of simmering water. Stir the chocolate until it is melted. Leave to cool.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the eggs one by one. Sift the flour over this mixture and mix together.
4. Add this mixture to the chocolate and mix thoroughly until the chocolate dough is fully blended. Knead with your knuckles so that the dough is smooth, then wrap in clingfilm and chill for about an hour.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll teaspoon-sized balls between your palms. Place the balls on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and place on a wire rack to cool.
6. Once the chocolate kisses are cool, place them in a cellophane bag, tie with ribbon and a pretty gift tag, and present to your loved one.
Handmade gifts are so special and simply delicious when they are edible. Have fun creating some sweetness with those you love x
The competition to win this canvas print is still running. The print has been created to celebrate the opening of Kiss the Frog x in honour of our dream, wish and love philosophy. You can win this set of images as a 45 x 22 cm high quality canvas print. All you need to do is leave a comment and blow us a kiss 🙂 by the 28 February.